27 Sep Vegan Mozzarella Recipe
This vegan mozzarella recipe is an easy alternative to your dairy mozzarella. It is smooth, creamy and delicious, great for sandwiches, pizza and baked dishes.Making your own cheese may seem like an overwhelming process and you might be picturing intricate weird fermenting processes that will take weeks, the good news is that you just need a blender, a pot and a refrigerator and your cheese will be good to spread, melt and bake in no time.
Cashew Nuts: adds creaminess to the cheese as well as a bit of good fattiness to the cheese. Get the amount you need from Refillery.
Lemon Juice: adding a bit of tasty tang to the cheese’s flavour profile, lemon juice also adds acidity to the cheese.
Garlic Powder: adds a bit of depth to the umami tones in the cheese. Get the amount you need from Refillery
Golden Syrup: balancing the savoury and sweet flavours in the cheese.
Agar Agar Powder: this is an important ingredient because it makes the cheese firm. Agar agar is a vegan alternative for gelatine.
Tapioca Flour: this ingredient helps us achieve a melt and stretch effect within the cheese. Get the amount you need from Refillery
Nutritional Yeast: For the cheesy flavour. Nutritional yeast has a deep umami flavour that is a critical ingredient in making cheese.
Tahini: adds a beautiful fermented depth flavour to the cheese.
Salt: adds flavour.
Canola oil: Adds extra fat content and moisture.
Water: add the correct amount of moisture.
· Stir the cheesy sauce frequently, do not walk away from the pot while cooking
· Measure ingredients as accurately as possible, any drastic variations lead to a dramatic change in textures and flavour of the cheese.
· You can keep the cheese refrigerated for 5 days in an airtight container or in the freezer for 3 months.
- 75g Cashew Nuts
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 1.25ml Garlic Powder
- 5ml Golden Syrup
- 30ml Nutritional Yeast
- 15ml Agar Agar
- 30ml Tapioca Flour
- 5ml Tahini
- 5ml salt
- 80ml Canola Oil
- 400ml Water
- Equipment : Blender, measuring spoons, stove, pot, whisk, a mould to set your cheese.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, and of watery consistency.
- In a pot, pour the blended mixture and cook on medium heat, be sure to whisk continuously until it thickens and bubbles.
- Pour mixture into your desired mould and refrigerate for 2h 30 min.
- Unmold and serve or use in your vegan dish that needs cheesy goodness.
|Amount Per Serving:|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 57.2 g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5 g||32.5%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0|
|Sodium 736 mg||30.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 703,2 g||234.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 12 g||48%|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 10.9 g|
|Vitamin A 20 mg||Vitamin C|
|Calcium 53 mg||Iron 7 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories per 200g
* Based on a regular 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.